MSR OIL WATER SEPARATORS ARE FOR ALMOST ANY SERVICE
MSR Coalescing plate separators are one of the best ways to separate two non-mixing liquids. Almost any hydrocarbon oil and most non-hydrocarbon oils such as corn, orange, or other vegetable oils may be separated from water very satisfactorily. MSR has many years experience in designing systems for varying applications. Our equipment is similar in design to CPI separators (Corrugated Plate Interceptor Separators), also called Corrugated Plate Separators or CPI Interceptors, but our media is much more optimized for separation of oil from water.
MSR Coalescing plate separators can be used to:
- Separate oil from wastewater as an industrial pretreatment system prior to directing the water to sewer or other disposal.
- Separate oil from circulating water or other aqueous phase systems to remove the oils so that the stream can more economically be reused. A good example of this is use for machine tool coolant recycling.
- Separate oil from water or water from oil so that either the oil or water or both may be purified and reused or recycled. It is also possible to separate a mixed oil and water stream to both remove the oil from water to low concentrations and remove the water from the oil to low concentrations in a single system.
Oil Water Separator Replacement Media:
MSR offers replacement coalescing oil water separator media for Quantek, Great Lakes Environmental, and other oil water separators and separator systems.
Below ground separators:
Below ground separators are usually specified for storm water processing and industrial plan effluent streams. MSR systems are commonly installed in concrete vaults or manholes. Our storm water processing systems are designed to meet the requirements of the US Clean Water Act, and can also be designed to meet local requirements in other countries. We generally work with local precast concrete companies to provide cost-effective systems, but can also provide separator equipment for existing concrete vaults or new cast in place vaults.
Some of our equipment for these applications are listed in the following:
- Ez Sep Manhole type separators
- High Solids Systems
- Coalescing media in frames for underground vaults
- Corporate brochure
Above ground separators:
Above ground separators are usually specified for use with industrial process flow streams, industrial effluent streams, and also in purifying machine tool coolant. MSR designs oil water separators for all industrial uses from the simplest to the most difficult to manage systems. All of our industrial systems are custom designed to exactly fit the customer’s needs. We can provide separators in steel, stainless steel, aluminum, fiberglass or polypropylene as required by the needs of the service. Unless requested by the customer, all of our steel units are coated inside and outside with a chemical resistant epoxy coating.
In general, MSR systems are used in atmospheric design tanks, but if pressure vessels are required we will be glad to design separators for whatever pressure is required.
Some of our equipment for above ground applications are: